Many mineral-rich hot springs and ocean beaches are known for their healing and rejuvenating properties. For centuries people have traveled hundreds of miles to bathe in their soothing waters, finding relief from many ailments.
Health experts believe that the warm water of hot springs opens the pores of the skin so it can absorb the many healthy microorganisms and organic minerals contained in the waters.
Mineral-rich salts are a wonderful way to turn your bath tub into a health-rejuvenating spa. You can find natural bath salts that are loaded with minerals, plus the addition of many beneficial oils and herbs. These mineral salt combinations heal and soften the skin.
- They can help improve circulation, reduce tenderness and pain and are recommended for people with back pain, arthritis, muscle tension or spasms, and minor work and sports injuries. They're great for easing stiff, sore, muscles and aching feet and legs.
- They can open the pores, purifying the skin, cleansing away dirt, sweat, and toxins. They also help to heal dry skin, making skin softer and more supple.
- Salts can also help improve irritations such as insect bites, minor rashes, and calluses on feet, as well as more serious skin conditions like athlete's foot, eczema, and psoriasis.
- High quality salts may also help improve the appearance of scars.
- Salts made with essential oils offer the added benefit of aromatherapy with their pleasant, soothing scents and have been shown to induce calmness and promote relaxation.
- Scented salts combined with herbs and nourishing oils have many healing and medicinal attributes.
- A warm, mineral salt bath in the evening gives you the ability to relax and unwind at the end of the day and a good, sound, restful sleep at night. Ahhh!
The beauty benefits of a mineral salt bath are a soft, clean, glowing skin...Healthy skin is beautiful skin!
Bath salts are inexpensive and can be found in most stores that carry bath and body products. Make sure they don't have any chemicals added to them...Better yet, stick to salts made by natural products companies. They can be found in health stores, co-ops and natural market places. That way you know you're getting a healthy natural product.
~ The Dead Sea ~
Did You Know?
The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth.
It's called the "dead sea" because nothing can live in it.
Has the highest concentrations of mineral salts in the world.
Provides one of the world’s highest concentrations of minerals suitable for skin-related healthcare.
The Dead Sea region is Israel's major health resort area.
The largest and richest natural spa on earth.
Cleopatra once made this mineral rich sea her own personal health spa.
In contrast...the "Dead Sea" is far from reflecting its name. It thrives with "life-enhancing" ingredients with proven regenerative properties. The climate is "dry" and the sands of the desert surrounding it are "parched", and yet it produces the greatest abundance of "moisture-retaining" minerals on Earth!
How would you like to dip your toes into the Dead Sea? Now you can without even going there!
You can buy Bath Salts, including Dead Sea Salts, on these websites:
has Dead Sea salts and muds along with other products with Dead Sea ingredients, (check ingredients). Try the bath salts, facial salts or the body and facial muds. These are all-natural. Have fun and see the difference in your skin!
sells natural beauty and skin care products. Many items you can purchase in bulk. They've got sea salts, too.
Etsy.com: One of my favorite places to find handmade natural bath products, including bath salts.
Visit my shop on Etsy:LuxurySpa I am featuring my homemade bath salts in a relaxing lavender essential oil blend.
Return to the Spa & Bath Page from this Bath Salts Page.
Return to the Home Page
Check out these new BATH SALTS
at Mountain Rose Herbs!